Document Retrieval

Who can ask for Baptism / Marriage / Death Certificates

Baptism / Marriage / Death Certificates are to be requested from the Parish where these events were celebrated. The approximate date/year should be told to the Parish Priest.

Certificates are given either on the standard format of the Archdiocese or as teor (the document, word-to-word, as it appears on the Register)


One can ask for one’s own Baptism or Marriage Certificate or for the Certificates of one’s descendants in the direct lineage. It is to be noted that the Baptism / Marriage / Death Registers and the Certificates issued therefrom are meant to be for the sake of ecclesiastical record. If a party other than the direct descendants of the person concerned need the above Certificates to settle some civil issue, they may ask the civil authority to request the Parish Priest to issue the same.